Sunday, January 1, 2006

What I've been up to since last you heard from me:

I spent a week and some change at the check processing center for Legacy Bank in Tri-City (Newcastle). This was great fun, and I got to earn some money while meeting a few new folks; always a good time in my opinion.
I had Christmas, and am now the proud owner of a banjo and an acoustic bass guitar. No idea when I'll have time to play these properly, as I won't be taking them with me to Costa Rica.

Then, on December 27th, I flew off with my step-brother's marching band to jolly old London, and am in fact still there/here. I managed to find an internet cafe while I was walking around London, enjoying the light crowds around town due to the fact that it's Sunday and also that there's a parade three blocks away drawing attention elsewhere.

This morning, I went to a church service in Westminster Abbey. And that was supra-cool. Also, about three hundred feet from where I'm sitting is a house that Benjamin Franklin apparently lived in for seven years. The office suite next door is available for rent, by the way.

I have found that from time to time I will subconsciously start speaking with an accent in order to avoid being spotted instantly as a "Yank." It's kind of embarrassing to catch myself, but I don't know if it would be any better or worse to be isolated because of my Yankhood.

Hour's almost up, got to go. Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I haveNOT talked to you in about forever! Its Jaqueline! Well I hope you are having fun wherever you are! Lol! wow, i haveNOt seen you in a long time! Well I'll cya around! Miss you're drumming talent up in the youth department! Lol, later

Anonymous said...

you got to go to London? that's real cool.