Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Only five pages of homework tonight, but three of those pages covers EVERY VERB IN THE SPANISH LANGUAGE. I don't think I'll have them all memorized by tomorrow. I know my lack of confidence won't make the task any easier, but I don't think it makes my success any less likely.

Also, some errors from my last post that I would never live down if I didn't correct them now:

January is "enero," not "erene."

As an almost-graduate of a major university, it turns out that my estimated vocabulary is closer to 40,000 words. This does not make me feel more comfortable about my Epañol, because that just makes the gap that much bigger. I would like to boast that I hold a solid 200 word vocabulary in Spanish, but boasting about that would be dumb. That puts me on par with the average caveman. Excluding, of course, the really smart cavemen from the Geico commercials. I'll bet they know lots of words.

Also, mañana is spelled with an eñe (ñ), not an ene (n) followed by a yo (y). My mistake, and thank you all you crazy kids for not jumping at me in a rage for my Español malo (bad Spanish).

My favorite sentence that I overheard and understood completely today: "Una mas cervesa por favor." (One more beer, please.)

Buenos noches, mi amigos.
-Juan Carmaque

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mucho gusto!!!