Monday, January 30, 2006

I fixed the link to the photos, but if you don't want to scroll down, here it is again:

Costa Rica Photos

New teacher again today. A guy named Chico. He's cool. We covered direct objects today, and it made a whole lot of things I've heard in the past few weeks make so much more sense. In Spanish, you see, the DO comes before the verb, whereas in English it comes after. For example:

"I did it."

In Spanish, would be this:

"Yo lo hice." (I it did)

This will take some getting used to, because there's no logical way to wrap it up in good English grammar like there are most other things. But that's okay, because I have a jungle outside.

This has been "Brief and incomprehensible Spanish with Juan." Thank you for reading, please come again.

Adios.
-Juan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a blast! Some of my friends are in San Jose student teaching, and I am so jealous of them. Alas, I am stuck student teaching at Pawnee, which I swear is a Hinton clone but with better sports. Anyway, ciao!

Anonymous said...

hola juansito!
yo estoy enjoying su blog. es muy marvelous - usted writes like usted talks ---- so clever and refreshing
bueno bueno
mucho bueno
hmm - i think i'll run to taco bueno for luncho

Anonymous said...

loved those pictures