Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Indirect objects today. The geek within is enjoying this far more than I should admit.

It rained today while Bryan and I were walking down the mountain, and of all days for me to be wearing only an undershirt it had to be today. I felt very self-conscious and was worried that the Ticas might see my nipples, so I tightened my backpack so that the straps covered them. Call me a pansy if you must, but the people here are weird sometimes, and they'll make fun of gringos for just about any reason; for instance, I made fun of a gringo the other day just because he couldn't speak Spanish. I mean, it was Bryan, but still, I'm not even a Tico and I make fun of the gringos. So you can understand my apprehension.

By the way, the term for a male nipple in Spanish is "tetilla." Note that it is feminine. However, on a female breast, it is called a "pezon" and is in fact masculine. This language weirds me out.

No me gusta cuando usted puede ve mi tetillas.
-Juan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi jaun. Just checking if the internet is still working correctly

Anonymous said...

um....you no longer need a blog to leave comments, huh? oh, and this is nate

Anonymous said...

so i wanted to translate what you said. so of course i used babel fish (i didn't see "ve" and was confused). their word for nipple is entrerrosca.

Cameron Talley said...

Carmack, there is no reason to be ashamed of your man-boobs.

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh. Don't forget that when using compound verbs, the second should remain unconjugated...