Friday, January 13, 2006

It is time!

About twelve hours from now, I will leave for Costa Rica. For anybody who doesn't know, I'll be spending eight weeks there to study Spanish by immersing myself in the culture in addition to about five hours of classes a day. I'll be in classes with three or four other people of about my skill level, and we'll get shuffled around once a week so that everybody moves at their own pace. Yippee-kai-yay. My bags are packed, my Passport is ready to go, all that remains is to go to this gigantic party tonight and then wake up in time to get to D/FW airport tomorrow. It is impossible for me to comprehend how excited I am about this; I've heard nothing but amazing things from others who have gone, and the pictures on the Conversa website are nothing short of breathtaking. Looks like it should be a good time. I've got my shorts all packed and ready to go.

Updates will be fairly regular while I'm down there, I should think. I'll have an internet cafe just down the road from my host family's house, so when I've done all of my usual "rounds" on the internet, if I've still got time left on my ticket I'll be sure to stop by Blogger and let everybody know what's going on. Send me emails, I'll read them!

Just don't be surprised if after the first month I start posting in Spanish so that I can practice. If that happens, I'll post a link to Babelfish so that everybody can continue to read whatever exciting things I might have to say.

Okay, more to come later. I must go and party with my friends before I miss seeing them for two months. Goodnight, everybody. See you in Costa Rica.

Listening to - 'Til the Day I Die by Third Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh- you lead an awesome life.
'can't wait to read more.

- SYK (Someone You Know)