Wednesday, September 7, 2005

First off, thanks to all the people who have been responding to last week's entry and all of the encouraging stuff that's been thrown my way. I like to think I'm pretty self-sufficient most of the time, but the fact is I rely on the people around me way more than I allow myself to think. As was evidenced by last week's entry about loneliness. So the instant messages and comments have been appreciated.

In other news, the Brian David Band made the off-campus performance of After Dark. That was the news I was so excited about a while back but didn't want to ruin. The profits from the show will go to benefit Waco High's music program. So let's hear it for the kids. Everybody come and see us! The show will be on September 29th in the Hippodrome theater, so if you're going to be in Waco be sure to be there. It'll be fantastic.

On the topic of my brother, things are looking up a little bit there. Turns out he just had a really hectic week, and in the midst of him suddenly changing schools and commuting from Fort Worth, and my dad having his own stuff going on, the whole "letting John know about the arrangement" fell through the cracks. Moral of the story: it's not all about me. I really should have picked that up back when I was ten, like the rest of the well-adjusted world of happy and mature adults.

Okay, I'm laughing at myself a little bit right now after re-reading all of the stuff I've just typed. Apparently I've put myself in kind of a bad mood, because everything here tha was meant to be optimistic always manages to have a little raincloud trying to sneak into the sunshine. Good thing bedtime is coming.

As much as I'm not in the state of mind to pursue a relationship right now, I still wouldn't mind having somebody to cuddle with every now and again. Anybody need a cuddle buddy?

Listening to - Mess by Tristan Prettyman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally get this lonely thing... I hate it!

Cuddling is nice, but don't worry- I'm aware the cuddle buddy offer is no longer available(particularly since this post was over 2.5 years ago) :)

Christina said...

Bleeeee. You know where I am and how I feel in this current moment.