Thursday, August 4, 2005

Okay, for some reason Blogger was removed from the filtered sites. Hooray.

Wow, it's amazing how un-ready I am for summer to be over. There was a time, not so long ago, when I didn't mind when summer ended. These were the summers when I was in Waco and waiting for my friends to come back so that we could play. Now, I've been playing all summer and don't see why school should have to start and cause the playing to end. I like to play.

I suppose it will be good to get back, though. While it's been fun hanging around with high schoolers and old people all summer, I guess I should probably spend time with people who are my age. This will, however, mean my "fun quotient" could possibly be reduced greatly. No more weekly volleyball, no more band to drum with, and no more junior high kids who will just automatically assume that I'm cool. But then, there will once again be lunches after church, bowling with the K-Psi sweetheart, theme days in marching practice (and the subsequent return of the hilarious togas), and other such magical things.

A funny thing happened just now, as I sat here typing: it started to rain, and everybody got really excited. It's been kind of a dry summer, you see, and that's been bad for the local crops. And in these parts, if you're not a farmer then you've got a good friend who is. So when it starts to rain, you start feeling good. You can smile because your friends who are farming can relax for another day or two and not have to worry about when it's going to rain. So in Waco, when it rains, I always get excited and 80% of my friends will start complaining, and the rest of them want to go outside and romp around. I just like to sit and smile. And now I remember why.

But anyway, that was a completely unusual tangent about weather. Usually I don't like talking about weather, because I feel like a failure as a conversationalist since everybody talks about the weather. I should probably get over that.

Since I can't listen to music...

Humming - How Great is Our God by Every Praise Band in Existence

1 comment:

Christina said...

That's probably why my mom ingrained in me to love the rain.

We always loved the rain. Waters my mother's pretty plants that she worked so hard to plant and maintain. She loves the rain probably for the same reasons the people of Hinton did. I should ask my mom about her life living in a barn.