Tuesday, July 8, 2003

SWOSU Band Camp is....FUN!

So I'm working band camp this week, and I've managed to find a computer with an internet connection. Excellent.

You know, I spent seven summers of my life at this camp, making friends and getting to know people, and now that I'm seeing it from the counselor's point of view, I realize I must have been the most annoying camper ever. After about my third year, I began to think that my veteran status enabled me to have some sort of inside track as to what the whole band camp thing was about. I chatted with counselors, made banter with band directors... but now, I see that most of them were probably just humoring me by listening. I had one kid last night just walk into my room and start playing my guitar; now, I'm not a huge stickler about my guitar, but having the gusto to just walk into your counselor's room and start playing his instrument without even checking if he minds first... that's just not cool. I don't think I ever did anything that extreme, but then again I've had a long time to forget most of the stuff I did. The most vivid memories I have of camp are the girls I met over the years. And most of those even ended up coming to nothing at all. *laughs*

Well, I've got to wake some kids up in about six hours, so I'm off for now. Keep on a'rockin' for the kids.

Listening to - My room's A/C unit... it's got this cool rhythm to it. *chunk-chunka-chickchick-chunka-chunka-chunka-chickchick*

No comments: