Monday, September 22, 2008

Why Today is Fun

I went to check my mail just now. As I was walking to the mailbox, the pay phone next to the pool (which I have never noticed before) starting to ring. I looked around, and seeing no one else there, decided to answer.

Me:"Baylor Plaza pay phone, this is Random Passerby speaking, how may I direct your call?"
Caller: "Um... what?"
Me: "You have reached the Baylor Plaza pay phone. Have you dialed in error?"
Caller: "Um... I'm sorry."
Me: "Thank you for calling today, and please do not hesitate to call in the future if you have any further questions. We appreciate your business!"

They hung up halfway through my spiel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA THAT IS AMAZING......way to think on your feet....i'm so proud!!

Nancy said...

You are one funny person!

Ashlee said...

Sounds like a typical John voicemail/answering machine message. That would be fun to try to confuse people who call your phone...