Monday, March 14, 2005

Today was... short.

I received my wake up call, as usual, at 6:00am. Normally, while I am here, I would hop out of my large motel bed and hop into the shower, ready to start my long day of snowboarding, but on this particular day I felt like doing something different. I thought, "I'm still sleepy... and I'm on vacation. Why would I deprive myself of sleep when I am totally within my rights to get an extra few hours? The mountain will still be there at noon."

So I stayed in bed. Until ten. And it was good.

I got up to the mountain and bought a half-day's ticket around about noon, and in the course of ten minutes ran into every single person I knew on the moutain. Daniel Cook, his girlfriend, the Worthleys and their crew, the Chaloners... everybody. It was crazy.

The weather wasn't as nice today, but that's okay. It was snowing, and that meant fresh powder... kind of. There were two inches of powder, and immediately under that was the same sheet of ice I spent yesterday trying to scrape my way across. But it was still a pretty fun day, and tomorrow promises to bring more of the same.

Also, Valentine's Day was exactly a month ago today. And that means I have a phone call to make. G'night, everybody.

No comments: