Sunday, January 2, 2005

Okay, I think I'm good. I'm thinking I'll refrain from the self-deprecation for awhile now.

New Year's in Austin was a blast. I have this guilty pleasure of watching drunk people while remaining completely sober myself... it's so awesome. *laughs* Everybody is everybody else's friend while everybody's got their buzz going, and you've got to admit that it's just great to be around. I heard some of the best stories I've gotten from anybody in a long time; stories of fireworks blowing up in a field and having to go and put out the subsequent fires... hey, it may sound stupid to you, but dang it made a funny story.

I think Farris was worried that I wasn't enjoying myself. I've been that guy before; the guy who invited an outsider to join all of the good friends and then suddenly felt obligated to make sure the outsider didn't get bored, thereby preventing the inviter from really enjoying themselves. I made sure to let Farris know that he didn't need to be that guy; I can handle myself just fine in a group of unfamiliar faces. After that I think it was good. Although the hostess kept offering me beers... *laughs* she was sweet. I need to be sure to thank Farris again for having me come down there.

And after having watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the third time yesterday, and perusing the rest of the special features on the DVD, I have determined that if there were such a company as Lacuna Inc., then the movie would be the most realistic love story of all movie-dom. Even when a character has done something completely despicable, once you really consider where they're coming from you can almost completely understand their motivation (Elijah Wood's character, for instance, seems like quite the jerk if you don't really sypmathize with his plight).

And on that note, I have also discovered a new musical treat. A band called the Polyphonic Spree. You really should go their website. The Polyphonic Spree

Listening to - Two Thousand Places by the Polyphonic Spree

No comments: