Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Summer classes keep one incredibly busy, but the subject matter can't seem to keep my mind occupied. Brit Lit is pretty fun, since all I have to do is read at night and discuss during the day, so I'm having no problems there. But music history is eating my lunch... way too much information to absorb. Every time I go into that class I feel like I should be wearing a dunce cap. I miss Costa Rica, where I felt like the smartest person alive; languages are easy for me. Rote memorization of composers, dates, terms, and other such things, not so easy. Everybody else in the class seems to be doing just fine, though, so I know it's not just the pace of the class. It is me. Crap.

So I think I may have burned a bridge in the past week. Not on purpose, mind you, but it seems to have happened nevertheless. It's quite a sad deal, but as dad keeps reminding me any time I come to him with a problem of this nature, "this too shall pass."

Today is the seventh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, John! I'll be in Waco in July for summer school, so I'll probably be seeing you around. Plus, I'll be living in the illustrious Baylor Plaza II, which, as I remember, is somewhere near you, woot woot. See ya!

Anonymous said...

i didn't major in music for a reason. ugh

mg